Frequently Asked Questions
How do I know you are reputable company?
How much does your data recovery services cost?
When you contact us, you need to provide the following three pieces of information in order to give you an average range of what it typically costs to recover your media:
- Type of media – Is your media a hard disk drive, tape, etc.?
- Capacity of the media – How large is your media, not how much data is currently on your media?
- Type of operating system – With what operating system have you formatted your media?
The range for a typical recovery is between $300.00 – $1,800.00.
Give us a call at 1-800-444-3225 and we can let you know if your situation falls in the range of a typical recovery.
How much does it cost if I only want a few files?
To recover one of your files or all them, the entire capacity of your drive has to be rebuilt. Technically, the raw data on the drive has to be extracted and then the file system has to be reconstructed at a binary level. This means, to recover one file, data recovery specialists have to recover all of your files. So, asking for a few files would not change the amount of work or cost involved in recovering your data.
The Data Recovery Process… What you can expect…
$250 to recovery my data… Is that possible?
How do I pack my media so I can send it to you?
- Wrap your media in an anti-static bag. If this is not possible, use bubble-wrap, paper or another safe alternative.
- Do not further damage your media, by sending it in a padded envelope.
- Pack your media in a well-padded box, using foam, bubble-wrap, or some other safe alternative. This will ensure the safety of your media in case the box is damaged during shipping. Computer stores have boxes specifically made for shipping various media products.
- Use a shipping company or courier that allows you to track your parcel: FedEx, UPS, or DHL.
- We recommend using priority overnight with one of the couriers so that no further damage may occur. Ground shipping typically has a higher chance of creating more damage.
I need my data back yesterday… How long will it take to recover my data?
The time required to recover data depends on the severity of the problem. The general data recovery process goes as follows:
Recovering your data requires two steps: The Diagnostic Phase and the The Recovery Phase.
The Diagnostic Phase usually takes from 2 to 4 days, depending on whether your media has basic filing system problems; or if it has mechanical issues. This process encompasses:
- Extracting data from your media to prohibit further damage or data loss
- Analyzing your media to determine what data can be recovered
- Producing a complete listing of all recoverable data for you to review
Note: The reason for producing a complete listing of all recoverable data for you to review is…prior to making a financial commitment to the recovery your data, we want you to see what data can be recovered. If the data you are looking for cannot be recovered, then you should not have to pay for the Recovery Phase, right?
The Recovery Phase usually takes from 1 to 3 days and involves:
- Rebuilding your data into a usable directory structure format
- Storing your recovered data on an external hard drive to be returned to you
What is your success rate? (meaning, what is the chance of recovering my data?)
Anybody can formulate numbers to impress you, so we will answer this question differently…if your data physically exists on your hard disk drive, we will get it back for you. Know with ACR Data Recovery, your media will be recovered by professional data recovery specialists with over 20+ years of experience in successfully recovering almost every type of media available.
Who are some of your clients?
Data Recovery Companies, Government Agencies, Corporations and Individuals worldwide continue to use our services, because they know we give them the best chance in recovering their data when they cannot do it themselves. See some of our Clients.
Specifically, government agencies such as the CIA, NSA, FBI and DOD rely on our technologies for computer forensics and data recovery; and data recovery companies worldwide have been depending on us to write recovery code for them. We often take on jobs for them when the recovery is beyond their capabilities.
Thousands of corporations, such as Motorola, American Express, Oracle, and IBM continue to use our licensed recovery technologies and data recovery services, because they know we give them the best chance in recovering their data. Self-employed technicians also use our data recovery software and services to support their clients.
Have more questions? Need a quote?
GET INSTANT 10%+ DISCOUNTS NOW...
Simply enter your information into the form below: